Automatic Studio was established in 2010 by Shane Morris, with a view to creating a different sort of user experience agency:
- Digital product design means more than usability, or even user experience. While user-centred design and usability are important tenets of digital design, digital product design must take a 'whole-of-offering' approach, as well as a 'whole of customer' focus.
- More and more, organisations are looking to differentiate themselves through the experiences their digital products and services create for the people who use them. Organisations want to build their own skills in creating great customer experiences, rather than solely outsourcing those services.
- The increasing expressive power interactive technologies requires a fundamentally collaborative approach to creative design that embraces all the technical, commercial and creative aspects of product design.
With this in mind, Automatic Studio sets out to provide digital product design consulting, training and mentoring to a new generation of highly interactive experiences.
About Shane Morris
Shane Morris is one of Australia’s most respected user experience professionals. Through consulting, mentoring and training he has helped organisations create compelling digital experiences since 1991. In that time he has worked on desktop applications, internet applications, mobile user interfaces, physical devices and web sites. Shane has taught user experience topics around the world and is also a key contributor to “101 Things I Learned in Interaction Design School” at ixd101.com.
Shane has worked with companies like Microsoft, Lonely Planet, M&C Saatchi, Cochlear, Amnesia Razorfish and Sensis - helping creative and technical professionals collaborate to create services that empower, inspire and reward. His passion is transforming the complex and constrained into the simple and powerful. Not just because it's valuable endeavour, but because it's hard - and therefore immensely rewarding.
Shane's previous experience includes:
- One of Microsoft's first User Experience Evangelists world-wide.
- Director of Echo Interaction Design for 6 years.
- General Manager and Principal Consultant at The Hiser Group.